Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Week of 2/22/2019

Week of 2/22/2019                                                                                         Akash Sandhu
The focus was gather material for my guide-arm. The team then went Sims to see which materials were available. The have low-carbon steel sheets which are easy to weld in sections of 2'x4', 4'x4', and 4'x'6. No material was bought yet. Furthermore, I am focusing on making drawings of my guide arm. This turns out be time consuming because I have to split my design to break the design into pieces of 3 mm thick sheet metal. I have estimated the total material I will need using solidworks. I created a simplified template of how my parts would fit, which concludes I need a 3'x3' steel sheet.
The template is provided below.

No comments:

Post a Comment