Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Week 11/7/2018

Week 11/17/2018                                                                 Guide Arm (Akash Sandhu)

       For the guide arm, I was facing two problems. As discussed in Presentation 2, the exact spring I had designed and calculated for was not available at McMaster-Carr, so I had to adapt my design and redo my calculations with the new spring. When I redesign the spring load wheel holder with the new slot dimensions, the slot came in the way the spring was compressed all the way. To accommodate the problem, I decrease the total amount the wheel was allowed to move, and then I to make changes to the new arm of the guide-arm. The new guide-arm was also designed this week. Furthermore, the spring will be pre-loaded even when going down straight stretches of the track. Lastly, I am also working on the last individual writing assignment which is due next week.









No comments:

Post a Comment