Thursday, October 4, 2018

Week of 10/4/2018

Week 10/4/ 2018                                                                                                               Akash Sandhu
During the team meeting, I learned how some basics of performing FEA using Guide Arm. Also, I considered with the team the forces that need to be considered for further analysis. Also, I worked on the first individual writing assignment. I was also introduced to a Tuned Mass Damper (TMD), which could help eliminate the vibration of the arm of the guide arm system. Also, Joshua and I attended ANSYS seminar and were introduced new ways of optimizing designs. During the FEA, I came across some problems on the second design of the guide arm, so I might have to redesign the whole concept. A more detailed study is need to solve the problems in the design. There was also discussions for rapid prototyping; the goal will be to use 3D- printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment