Thursday, October 11, 2018

Week of 10/10/2018

Week of 10/10                                                                                          Akash Sandhu


For this previous, I worked on some problems on the design I created. These problem came across when I trying running FEA. This week I fixed some mating issue I was having with the slot which would not allow me FEA. Furthermore, Dr. Furman had recommended, during office hours, to incorporated dampers into the guide arm, to reduce vibrations of the spring. This week I began looking at damper. However, I have come across two problem; I do not know exactly how the mounting hardware works for dampers, and I am trying to find the a way to do calculations to pick the correct damper. Also, I did some consideration of the forces that would be acting on the guide-arm wheels and spring, and Dr. Furman and I concluded only centripetal force needs to considered. I then went and created a MATLAB 3-D plot which is attached below. I was also able to complete the FEA on the part with 2000 N force to see area of concern. Lastly, the design is a little to big for the current with so I decided to go with smaller wheels to accommodate for the clearance problem; Nevertheless, now the design will change in dimension due to smaller wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment